Social Listening : Michaels Stores

 Social Listening in Marketing. 

I picked Michaels as my brand/company because I really enjoy arts and crafts and it is one of the stores i constantly visit. Most people I talk with who are interested in the same things that I am, prefer Michaels over some of their competitive bands like Joannes. Personally, I have always had positive experiences with the Michaels store in Corvallis, they have excellent customer service at check outs and for the most part leave you alone to your shopping. I have always been the person who hates having a worker come up to me while shopping because I dont like being interrupted, but I assume the workers know that if you are shopping there you know what you're there for, and if you need help you will find them. 

Their primary goal of their stores and website is "we're here for our creative customers — the Makers — who make the world brighter and more meaningful." And to make the customers leaving satisfied from their stores.

Michaels sells virtually anything that has to do with arts and crafts. another service they offer is custom framing, and they hold work shops a few times each month. 


https://www.michaels.com/


The most complaints I have seen is from items being bought online and being delivered in poor condition. Just a quick scroll on their twitter you can see they respond fast, but each answer seems automated, not that its bad but its not personable. 



From a quick scroll you can see several people run this one account, which makes it smoother process so all messages are being answered and customers are left with a happy feeling from their complaints.

One thing I wish was different is that I wish it was more personable to each customer experience, but I understand the business aspect of it and being able to get to as many responses out as possible.

Michaels is a good brand with great customer service, and aim to reach out to each customer with happy smiles.



Here is two replies of Michaels supporting their customers.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MARKETING IN THE NEWS : Oscar Mayers bologna face mask

EMMAS INTRO